Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fall Recap

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

It's been a long Fall. So nice that the transition into Winter has been so much easier. Forgive me for not posting sooner; getting back to the US after this last Europe trip left me a little frayed at the edges, per se.

Italy was an eye-opener. Great experiences. Learned a lot. Good to have finally worked there at all. And I was so grateful that the show was something my cast and I were familiar with. Made things a whole lot easier, though remounting a production can NEVER be a walk in the park.

Had a session onstage at La Scala following the Firenze gig. Again, another learning experience. It was great to be invited to the stage to be heard by the company folks as well as Maestro Barenboim. And the fact that he actually had feedback for me was quite nice. No doubt a very formidable presence in the opera world, and an honor that I was able to sing for him.

Then there was the Covent Garden audition. Didn't actually get to sing onstage for that one (even though that's what it was supposed to have been...a STAGE audition). But funny thing IS, I guess the audition was well-received for the conversations they've been having with my agent. So I guess it goes to show that sometimes you come out a winner in the end...even if it doesn't seem that way in the process.

It was great to get back to the states. Had a nice few relaxing days in NYC while Marjorie did a stage audition for the Met (very excited about that for her) as well as an invitation to be a part of the Richard Tucker Gala at Avery Fisher Hall. It was nice to be the proud spectator for a change. From there, we were whisked home to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with the Owenses. So nice to have the time off in such a cozy setting. The kitchen always smelled of SOMEthing cooking. And the den could put you right to sleep. Yes...it was THAT comfy. The reclining couch sections, I'm sure, had something to do with it.

Now is for Christmas and New Year's with my family in Honolulu. So great to see my folks, my sister, and my brother-in-law. There's nothing like being at home. 2o1o will be upon us sooner than we think, and with it another roller coaster ride. But more on that later. Until then, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Aloha...

No comments:

Post a Comment