Friday, December 24, 2010

Messiah: Nashville Symphony, Dec 2010

I hadn't sung MESSIAH in eight years!!

It was nice to get to do MESSIAH again. And the Nashville Symphony and Maestro Giancarlo Guerrero put on such a great show! I was more than happy to be a part of it! Sharing the production with soloists Terri Richter, Brian Asawa, and Bryan Griffin was a treat. And I had a great first visit to Nashville! Bought myself a big, bad, black cowboy hat.

This is also the first time I've done all the solos in the whole piece. Except the "But Who May Abide...Refiner's Fire" movement. This is, on occasion, given to the alto/countertenor. I was okay giving it up. Nashville was my first opportunity to sing "The Trumpet Shall Sound" for an audience, so that more than made up for it. I'm hoping I can get more Messiahs. I missing singing the piece.

Merry Christmas All!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment